Dear Software Developers,
As a family, it is our duty to check up on you, especially in unprecedented and uncertain times like this.
In spite of the novel Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak across the globe, we want you to stay positive in this period while adhering to the recommended health advice and best practices to combat the disease.
Our default response to the outbreak is to soar above the circumstances. However, we understand that people are navigating this season in various ways and so we ask that we support one another as we journey through the storms of this pandemic.
We are fully aligned with the health advice prescribed and published by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and other recognised health bodies.
As you adhere to these health guidelines, please also look out for and fully comply with instructions from the government of your current location particularly during this period.
Now let’s look at the top Skills to learn in this period.
Skills to learn as you work home
SQL is a domain-specific language used in programming and designed for managing data held in a relational database management system, or for stream processing in a relational data stream management system.
What is SQL?
- SQL stands for Structured Query Language
- SQL lets you access and manipulates databases
What Can SQL do?
- SQL can execute queries against a database
- SQL can retrieve data from a database
- SQL can insert records in a database
- SQL can update records in a database
- SQL can delete records from a database
- SQL can create new databases
- SQL can create new tables in a database
- SQL can create stored procedures in a database
- SQL can create views in a database
- SQL can set permissions on tables, procedures, and views
Java is a general-purpose programming language that is class-based, object-oriented, and designed to have as few implementation dependencies as possible. … Java applications are typically compiled to bytecode that can run on any Java virtual machine (JVM) regardless of the underlying computer architecture.
Java is used for:
- Mobile applications (especially Android apps)
- Desktop applications
- Web applications
- Web servers and application servers
- Database connection
Why Use Java?
- Java works on different platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux, Raspberry Pi, etc.)
- It is one of the most popular programming languages in the world
- It is easy to learn and simple to use
- It is open-source and free
- It is secure, fast and powerful
- It has huge community support (tens of millions of developers)
- Java is an object-oriented language which gives a clear structure to programs and allows code to be reused, lowering development costs
As Java is close to C++ and C#, it makes it easy for programmers to switch to Java or vice versa
Python is an interpreted, high-level, general-purpose programming language. … It supports multiple programming paradigms, including procedural, object-oriented, and functional programming. Python is often described as a “batteries included” language due to its comprehensive standard library.
Python is used for:
- Web development (server-side)
- Software development
- System scripting.
What can Python do?
- Python can be used on a server to create web applications.
- Python can be used alongside software to create workflows.
- Python can connect to database systems. It can also read and modify files.
- Python can be used to handle big data and perform complex mathematics.
- Python can be used for rapid prototyping, or for production-ready software development.
- Python works on different platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux, Raspberry Pi, etc).
- Python has a simple syntax similar to the English language.
- Python has a syntax that allows developers to write programs with fewer lines than some other programming languages.
- Python runs on an interpreter system, meaning that code can be executed as soon as it is written. This means that prototyping can be very quick.
- Python can be treated in a procedural way, an object-orientated way or a functional way.
Good to know: The most recent major version of Python is Python 3, which we shall be using in this tutorial. However, Python 2, although not being updated with anything other than security updates, is still quite popular.
Advanced Excel refers to features and functions of Microsoft Excel tool which helps the user to perform complex and large calculations, data processing on the huge amount of data, performing data analysis, better representation of data, etc.
Build a strong foundation in Excel for careers in:
- Investment banking
- Private equity
- Corporate development
- Equity research
- Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
5. Power BI
Power BI is a business analytics service by Microsoft. It aims to provide interactive visualizations and business intelligence capabilities with an interface simple enough for end users to create their own reports and dashboards. Power BI suite provides multiple software, connector, and services – Power BI desktop, Power BI service based on Saas, and mobile Power BI apps available for different platforms. These sets of services are used by business users to consume data and build BI reports. This tutorial covers all the important concepts in Power BI and provides a foundational understanding of how to use Power BI.
Telemarketing is a method of direct marketing in which a salesperson solicits prospective customers to buy products or services, either over the phone or through a subsequent face to face or web conferencing appointment scheduled during the call.
Why use Telemarketing
Telemarketing can help a wide variety of organizations achieve improved results in different ways. Though the most obvious form of telemarketing involves company calls to individuals at home to pitch them products, telemarketing is also a significant strategy in business-to-business sales, event promotion, political campaigning, and lead generation for more sophisticated sales procedures.
7. Content writing skills for bloggers
A Website content writer or web content writer is a person who specializes in providing relevant content for websites. Every website has a specific target audience and requires the most relevant content to attract business. Content should contain keywords aimed towards improving a website’s SEO
15 Tips for Writing Web Content
- Always start with keyword research for SEO.
- Keyword stuffing is never okay
- Drive toward powerful calls to action
- Email vs. e-mail, Internet vs. internet and other style debates
- Always hyperlink to your sources
- Make the reader feel something.
- Keep the action in your content writing
- When writing for the web, chop it up.
- Update your links
- Invest in a good SEO suite
- Don’t forget SEO best practices
- Give your readers a reason to care from the first sentence
- Paint a picture
- “Do’s and Don’t’s” vs. “Dos and Don’ts” — which is correct?
- If you’re not sure, look it up at dictionary.com
8. Big Data
Big data is a field that treats ways to analyze, systematically extract information from, or otherwise, deal with data sets that are too large or complex to be dealt with by traditional data-processing application software.
What is Big Data Technology?
Big Data Technology can be defined as a Software-Utility that is designed to Analyse, Process and Extract the information from an extremely complex and large data set which the Traditional Data Processing Software could never deal with. In most big data circles, these are called the four V’s: volume, variety, velocity, and veracity. (You might consider a fifth V, value.)
9. Business Development Skills
Business development is the creation of long-term value for an organization from customers, markets, and relationships. Business development can be taken to mean any activity by either a small or large organization, a non-profit or for-profit enterprise that serves the purpose of ‘developing’ the business in some way.
Skills you must learn if you want to be a business developer
- Strategic Initiative
- Project Management
- Cost Saving
In essence, business development involves high-level decision-making based on a realistic assessment of all potential changes and their impact. Through new ideas and initiatives, it aims to improve the overall business prospects, which drive the functioning of the different business units. It is not sales; it is not marketing; it is not partnering. Instead, it is the eco-system encompassing the entire business and its various divisions, driving overall growth.
10. Artificial Intelligence
(AI) is the branch of computer sciences that emphasizes the development of intelligent machines, thinking and working like humans. For example, speech recognition, problem-solving, learning and planning.
You need to brush up with these skills so as to be the best when you resume your work. You can also learn the tools you need when you work from home.
During this period, Protect yourself by
Watch the video: https://youtu.be/8c_UJwLq8PI
1. Washing your hands frequently
2. Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose
3. Covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze
4. Avoid crowded places
5. Stay at home if you feel unwell – even with a slight fever and cough
6. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early – but call by phone first
7. Stay aware of the latest information from WHO
⏩ Share this service with this link: http://bit.ly/who-covid-19-share